Sunday, October 31, 2010

Never, Never, Never, Never, Ever Clean For More Than a Minute

Is it just me? Am I the only mom who feels like no matter how many times I load the dishwasher, run a load of laundry, pick up the leggos, clean up the sink full of toothpaste, or even make my own bed that there really is no point in doing it because I am just going to be doing it again real soon?

I enjoy watching my older girls clean up the livingroom. Ethan follows them around and takes out his cars, his legggos, etc...as they have just picked them up. I hear them say "no, Ethan...I just picked those up!"
(he will help clean up his toys, but he does have more fun dumping them out when they clean them up).

Somehow when I hear them say "I just picked those up"...I feel less alone in the house. Like I am not the only one who is going crazy from doing the same chores over and over and over and over again. Even though the house is never, never, never, never, ever clean for more than a minute.

Toria paused the Tv on a gorgeous double staircase in the entrance way of a mansion the other day and said "can we have a house like that?" I answered simply and quickly " Nah, it wouldn't be as pretty all messy".

It's very easy to loose your motivation for cleaning when first of all you hate doing it in, second of all it feels like you are never done!

Have your children ever fought you about doing chores by saying things like, "but I don't like unloading the dishwasher (folding laundry, sweeping, ect...you can replace with your personal favorite)?"

Well holy you know what! I had no idea I was the only one cleaning the house without arguments because I actually enjoy doing it! Talk about delusional children! Yes, thats why I do the dishes, because its so much fun! I love sticking my hands in the nasty sink of who knows what below that rim of water you guys let it half fill up with!

Not to mention how much fun it is folding laundry and noticing I have washed clothes that haven't been worn in months! Apparently its so much easier to just throw the clothes in the laundry pile than to put them away. And its not just the teenage girls in my house! The biggest culprit in our house is the 7 year old! She will look me dead in the eye and say, "yeah, I wore that the other day". To which I will respond,"how? it hasn't fit you for a year? Um, why is it out the box I put it in because IT DOESN"T FIT YOU ANYMORE?!" Her response is usually just a shoulder shrug maybe combined with a I don't know.

My problem: I love the house clean. Why its a problem, I have 5 kids and a husband. I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world! If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing for fear of losing them...that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to put something down and find it there again in an hour! Do you remember what that was like? Maybe remembering labor pains and forgetting not having to clean up after kids would be better? I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I clean at the end of the day anymore cuz you do it all damn day lon gif you clean up after every little mess!!

    Stopping by from Bloggy Moms and am your newest follower. Hope to see you by my blog too.
    I have 4 blogs, you can follow all 4 or pick the one(s) that best suits you.
    http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
    http://btrbb.blogspot.com
    http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com
    http://notaverageguru.blogspot.com
    Twitter: tawna6988
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tawnas-thoughts-plans-and-journeys/110934798966532

    Thanks
    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi following from bloggy moms! I so know how you feel!! i love a clean house but hate this perpetual cycle of things getting dirty/messed up THE SECOND i get it done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

HONOR ME WITH YOUR COMMENT