Thursday, December 30, 2010

Insanity, Chaos, And Fatigue- Are they making me crazy?

Insanity, chaos, and fatigue oh my!

Albert Einstein was quoted saying, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Buddha was quoted saying, "chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence".

Benjamin Franklin was quoted saying, "fatigue is the best pillow".

In my day to day routine of doing the same things over and over and hoping for a better outcome combined with the chaos of the unplanned, unwanted, and the daily good surprises, brings forward change in all results, which of course causes sever fatigue.

I can't say I would have it any other way. Am I crazy? Maybe a little bit. My kids are loud, they make mess after mess after mess, which I walk around picking up and pointing out to them as I clean it up. That's a little crazy. It would make more sense to point it out and have them clean it up, I know. I am in a constant state of "shhhhh" to my children. "Shhhh, the baby is sleeping, your father is working, your father is sleeping, I can't hear my own thoughts, please be quiet". Yet when the house is quiet I can't sleep or concentrate. That's a little crazy.

The chaos from our last 2 weeks was definitely crazy. We topped it off today with a trip to the Dr's office after my husband had his appointment and came out of it with a Strep Throat diagnosis. So I took them all in. We all have sore throats, so lets just get this over with. I think it made our doctor a little crazy, too.

So with a sanitized, tea tree oil and peppermint oil treated house, antibiotics for everyone, and a lack of sleep I go into this next weekend with my head held high. I will complete everything to do on my list. I will get my house back into an organized manner. How and why will I do all this? Easy, our life is awesome.

Our life is awesome. Just saying it makes me feel better. You should say it a few times. Why is our life awesome? We have security, love, comfort, and health. We are always cutting things close on money (duh, we have 5 kids and I am a stay at home mom-that's normal unless you are rich), but my husband has a good job, we have a nice house, our children are wonderful (even though they are brats because they are going through that teen stage), our marriage is happy and strong, and even though we have health issues, we are healthy. How can you not have all of this and see it as anything but awesome?

We all have our daily challenges and issues, but through them all we have what is truly important. I wish for you and your families a wonderful, safe, and happy new year! Be awesome thru the insanity, chaos, and fatigue, a maybe a little bit crazy. Its fun!





Smart and Trendy Moms

9 comments:

  1. New follower from Friday Social Parade. I hope you get the chance to check out my blog and follow back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us for Social Parade!! I am a follower and look forward to your posts!
    Jennette
    Smart and Trendy Moms
    http://www.smartandtrendymoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, I must be insane then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you and your blog via 2011 blog hop and have become a follower. I would love for you to follow me also.
    http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/12/ring-in-2011-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the blog hop.
    I've got 3 teenagers myself. Keeps you hopping doesn't it!!!
    Happy New Year.
    Nancy
    http://discoverdirectselling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I can totally relate to this post, except I only have one child! Oh my...what am I in for? I really like that your keep it positive with "our life is awesome." My husband and I say that all the time when we get stressed to the max.

    Have a great New Year!
    Crystal
    http://kennedymomandwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower!

    www.theloveliveshere.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this time with our children is so fleeting. It is hard not to cherish every single moment. But I am tired too!

    New follower from Social Parade on Friday. Come by and see me at www.adoctorandanurse.com

    Happy New Year, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by the Super Mega Blog Hop : )

    Following you and can't wait to read more :)

    Have a great weekend and good luck in the giveaway : )

    Debbie @
    Lucas's Journey w/SPD
    http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

HONOR ME WITH YOUR COMMENT